Friday, April 27, 2012

Monday Artday "Tiny Things" and Fascination

Fascination with Tiny Things
Graphite Sketch/Computer "Paint"
©2012 BEDeuel/Bronson Hill Arts
While doing some minor reorganizing in the livingroom, I came across a sketch journal I had started about 2 years ago. This drawing was in it. I only had 3 sketches in the journal that, I suspect, were all done on the same day. That's me, though: dive in headfirst at full speed only to lose momentum quickly.

It's never a question of just stopping. It's generally a question of distraction. I'm like a bird attracted to shiny objects. I am constantly pursuing more activities that catch my eye, that fascinate me.

You might think that by a certain point in life, i.e., solid middle-age, the desire to try new things or try doing old things in different ways would wane. But, it really hasn't. That desire has actually increased.

I'm not sure why it is that way. I think when we're kids, we're always seeing something new as the whole world is new to us. However, I also think that, when we're established in our lives- careers, housing and families are mostly settled- we are looking to reconnect with all the things we'd put on hold during those years we took to establish ourselves.

So, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and dabble in something else that's just peaked my interest! Oh, look! a shiny thing! Wonder what I can do with it...

Check out the Monday Artday Challenge for "Tiny Things"!

1 comment:

  1. I like this pencil with the added splash of color in the flower. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time with us! We love to get your responses:

As Time Goes By... Woof!

As mentioned in the last blog,  it's been 8 years since we started to promote the idea of artistic personalized items. Bronson Hill Art...