Sunday, December 2, 2012

IF Stretch

Stretch
9x12 Permanent Marker on Smooth Bristol
©2012 BEDeuel/ Bronson Hill Arts
Yes, it’s been too long a “stretch” since I’ve done an Illustration Friday blogpost. It’s been too long since I’ve blogged about something other than shows and shops.

While this may look like an illustration of a couple of basketball players (yes, it is, I know), I’m looking at this IF metaphorically.

In this world of art, of marketing, of the home business, of computers, there are so many directions for which to reach. The dilemma is multi-faceted. If I take the time to create art, I don’t have enough time to work on the business. To work on the business, I need to work on the computer which is just one aspect of marketing. Another aspect of marketing is simply hitting the proverbial pavement in search of that one shop or gallery that will find the market for my art.

Arghhh!

Over the last several months, I’ve been trying the face-to-face approach with shops and craft fairs and galleries. While the work has been welcomed, there has yet to be that one big breakthrough. This is after a couple of years of trying the online marketing.

I’m still “stretching” for that ball. It just may be time to change the game plan again. To what? What will be next?

Will I ever reach it? Will it ever happen or will it always be outside my grasp?

I don’t know.

I do know that I still love doing what I’ve been doing. For now, I believe I will keep “stretching” to try to make the magic happen.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! It can be very discouraging. That's what we do for each other--we cheerlead when things seem bleak. If it is still fun--go for it!

    I love your drawing! It reminds me of being short in a taller person's world. I do a lot of stretching, especially because my husband thinks that third shelf in the cabinets ought actually to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our husbands are related! There are stepstools all over our house and few at work, too.

    Thank you for the words of encouragement, Elizabeth. They are appreciated and taken to heart. As long as there is another avenue yet to be explored, there is always hope!

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time with us! We love to get your responses:

As Time Goes By... Woof!

As mentioned in the last blog,  it's been 8 years since we started to promote the idea of artistic personalized items. Bronson Hill Art...