Monday, February 28, 2011

IF Swarm

The Cat Sitter, aka, Swarm
Prismacolor Soft Thick Lead Pencil on Canson Watercolor Paper 90#

Or, a normal scene at home every night (less 3 cats).

We have no idea how the cats can tell time, but every night, without fail, we are alerted of the eleventh hour of the evening. We are yelled at, stared at and attacked at times. If I go near the kitchen anytime within a 2 hour periemeter, I am petitioned. If I fail to comply, my legs are twined by a feline body so that my movement is severely limited.

This illo is another exercise for me. A few posts back, I included some illustrations I had done for my father and mother for a wonderful series of children's books they've written. But, I didn't like the way the colored pencil appeared in the blog. It was too sketchy and patchy.

So "Swarm" was an attempt to apply thicker layers of color to get a fuller effect. With a little help from a few tortillons, it did work better. I'm still working on lines and fill to avoid smudging, though. One step at a time.

Although, I don't think this cat-sitter can take one step at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb,
    This is a great illustration. I love the fat little white kitty. Thanks for your kind comments.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time with us! We love to get your responses:

As Time Goes By... Woof!

As mentioned in the last blog,  it's been 8 years since we started to promote the idea of artistic personalized items. Bronson Hill Art...