Friday, February 18, 2011

IF- Layers...


Layers and Layers of...mmm... Lasagna....mmm...
 As covered in the last blog, been busy, busy. I had ideas for the last couple of Illustration Friday topics, but put off making any of them.

It changed this week. I just couldn't say "no" to this one.

When I was growing up, my mother, an excellent cook, tried and tried to get me into the kitchen. And the garden. And to clean my room. Actually, to get me to find my floor in my room.  But, no. I had no interest in any of those boring things. I had places to go, people to see. Where we sat around and did mostly... nothing. It was boring on my terms, though.

Digress and redirect: Over the last 10 or so years, though, I've discovered a fondness for making comfort foods. My waistline can attest to that. Even Mike's starting to show it around the belt area (and, that is not an easy accomplishment, I assure you!). I enjoy taking a recipe from a book or a magazine and modifying it to make it my own. Sometimes I fall flat, but I do have a decent record of success with this approach.

Yep. Lasagna is one of my better concoctions.

This weekend, we're celebrating a significant birthday for my father. There comes a time when there are no more gifts to be bought. The needs are few and usually covered. The wants are fewer or just too expensive. And, please! No more knicknacks!

So, lasagna and apple pie is it. A meal made with love. Love for the process and, above all else, for the recipient.

Mmm....Looking forward to celebrating love in sooo many layers!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome lasagna its so vibrant and juicy looking. Your header is awesome too.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Debbie!

    Took the opportunity to peek at your comic strip: it's really good. Keep up the great work!

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Barb. you have a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time with us! We love to get your responses:

As Time Goes By... Woof!

As mentioned in the last blog,  it's been 8 years since we started to promote the idea of artistic personalized items. Bronson Hill Art...